This highly qualified engineer earned his BS and MS in mechanical engineering from California Polytechnic State University. He went on to earn his PhD in mechanical engineering from the University of California, Berkeley. He has over 10 years of experience conducting failure analysis for various products including biomedical devices. He formerly served as Principal Mechanical Engineer at COR Innovations, Inc., a biomedical device start-up. In this role, he was responsible for designing multiple functioning prototypes and designing and fabricating numerous electromechanical bench top apparatus' for materials testing and validation. He went on to serve as Senior Staff R&D Engineer at Abbott Vascular Structural Heart, where his primary role was serving as technical lead for improvements in their MitraClip device. He currently serves as Chief Technology Officer and co-founder of a medical device company that is focused on treating vaginal atrophy in breast cancer survivors and post-menopausal women through a novel and hormone-free, energy based therapy.
- Location: OR
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, California Polytechnic State University
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, California Polytechnic State University
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- 3 Patents
- Published, 4 journal articles
- Former, Mechanical Engineer, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Former, Principal Engineer, Surg Solutions LLC
- Former, Principal Mechanical Engineer, COR Innovations, Inc.
- Former, Senior Staff R&D Engineer, Abbott Vascular Structural Heart
- Current, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, a medical device company in OR