This engineering expert has over 30 years of experience in the field. He earned his Bachelor of Engineering and his Master of Engineering Science in Ireland before coming to the United States while working for Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems, where he designed electronic hardware and system software for air braked truck / trailer ABS and traction control systems. He then worked on ABS and traction control for passenger cars and subsequently started the Electronics Division at Wabash National which he led from 1998 to 2003. From 2004 until 2007, the expert worked for Dana Commercial Vehicle Systems, where he spent a year leading the development of automatic tire inflation products for commercial and military applications. Before starting his own consultancy he led the development of Traction Control, ABS and related technology for Caterpillar Inc. from 2007 to 2015. This included positioning Caterpillar as the industry leader in differential clutch based drive torque distribution and traction control for off highway vehicles. He has been granted 23 patents and is a Member of the Society of Automotive Engineers and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- Location: IL
- B.Eng., University College Dublin
- M.S., Engineering, University College Cork
- Member, Society of Automotive Engineers
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Recipient, 22 U.S. Patents & 1 U.K. Patent
- Former, Circuit Design Engineer, Telectron Ltd.
- Former, Senior Project Engineer, SPS Laboratories
- Former, Electronics Engineer, Odenberg Engineering Ltd.
- Former, Chief Engineer, Anti-Skid Controls Ltd.
- Former, Senior Engineer, Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems
- Former, Supervisor of Control Strategies, Continental Automotive
- Former, Director of the Electronics Division, Wabash National Corporation
- Former, Ride and Handling Technology Manager, Dana Commercial Vehicle Systems
- Former, Manager of Advanced Chassis Control Systems, Dana Commercial Vehicle Systems
- Former, Director of Engineering Services and Technology, Dana Commercial Vehicle Systems
- Former, Senior Engineering Specialist in Integrated Power Systems, Caterpillar Inc.
- Current, Founder and Owner, an Automotive Embedded Control Systems Design Consultancy