This expert is a shareholder with a major law firm. He focuses his practice on complex labor issues, with a special focus on union matters, contract negotiations, unfair labor practice litigation, National Labor Relations Board practice, organizing attempts by unions, mass picketing and violence, secondary boycotts and pressure, and Federal and State OSHA matters.
He is a member of the College of Labor & Employment Lawyers and annually has been selected as one of the Top 100 Labor Lawyers in the U.S. by the Labor Relations Institute. He is listed in Best Lawyers in America, Michigan Super Lawyers, DBusiness magazine's Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, The American Lawyer Top Lawyers, Crain's Detroit Business Best Lawyers and The American Registry's Top Lawyers in Michigan. He is a member of the National Labor Relations Board's Practice and Procedure Committee for Region 7 (Michigan).
Among his numerous industry and professional associations, he is president of a construction management association and serves on the boards of directors for the Michigan Association of Home Builders and Michigan Infrastructure and Transportation Association.
He earned a bachelor of arts degree from the University of Rochester in 1971 and a law degree from Syracuse University College of Law in 1974.
- Location: MI
- BS, Political Science & Economics, University of Rochester
- JD, Syracuse University
- LLM, Labor Law, George Washington University
- Member, Construction Association of Michigan
- Member, American Employment Law Council
- Former, Associate Attorney, Menter Rudin & Trivelpiece
- Former, Senior Counsel, National Labor Relations Board
- Former, Attorney, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Former, Communications and Information Officer, the White House
- Former, Partner, the Fishman Group
- Former, Senior Partner, Honigman Miller
- Former, Faculty Director, the Cambridge Institute
- Former, Senior Partner, Clark Hill PLC
- Former, Chairman, American Society of Employers
- Former, Chairman, Construction Code Commission of Michigan
- Former, Labor Counsel, Michigan Road Builders Association
- Former, Senior Partner, Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Former, Legal Counsel, Building Industry Association
- Current, Adjunct Professor of Law, a prominent Michigan university
- Current, Partner - Labor/Employment/ERISA/OSHA, a major Michigan law firm