This highly experienced biomedical engineer has directed comprehensive hospital-based biomedical engineering department at the largest medical center in the country, taught at both medical and technical post-secondary institutions, including the Baylor College of Medicine, West Virginia University, and a prominent Mexican university. He earned his undergraduate and graduate degrees in electrical engineering from West Virginia University. He is a licensed Professional Engineer and certified as a Clinical Engineer. He is member of technical standards writing bodies, and is widely published in his field and his expertise is frequently sought by hospitals, manufacturers, and litigators. He received numerous professional awards including the FDA Commissioner, Special Citation for protecting the public safety.
- Location: TX
- Current, Principal, Biomedical Engineering Consultants, LLC.
- Former, Director - Biomedical Engineering Department, Texas Children's and St. Luke's Hospitals.
- AS, Electrical Engineering, Technion (Israel).
- BS, Electrical Engineering, West Virginia University.
- MSc, Electrical Engineering, West Virginia University.
- EdD, Education Psychology, West Virginia University.
- Licensed, Professional Biomedical Engineer.
- Certified, Clinical Engineer - Healthcare Technology Commission.
- Fellow, American College of Forensic Examiners Institute.
- Member, Editorial Board - Journal on Health and Technology.
- Fellow, American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering.
- Member, Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation.
- Member, and first president, American College of Clinical Engineering.
- Board Member, International Federation of Medical and Biological Engineering, Clinical Engineering Division.
- Former, Interim CEO, Canopy Edge Inc.
- Former, Design Engineer, Rockwell International.
- Former, Director - Biomedical Engineering Section, West Virginia University Hospital Medical Center.
- Former, Advisor - Biomedical Advisory Group, NASA Technology Applications Team.
- Advisor on Healthcare Infrastructure and Technology, WHO.
- Current, Adjunct Assistant Professor, a Major Texas University.
- Current, HTTG Chairman, an International Union for Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine
- Current, Judge, a Medical Device Design Excellence Competition
- Current, Chairman and member, FDA Advisory Panels.