This expert's law practice focuses on business transactions, licensing, international business, and franchise law. He helps U.S. and non-U.S. companies establish franchise, distribution and licensing systems. He also acts as general U.S. counsel for foreign companies and he provides outside general counsel services for U.S. companies.
For franchisors, he drafts franchise agreements and disclosure documents, obtains state franchise registrations and provides ongoing franchise compliance counseling services. He also counsels businesses on the scope of franchise laws and he represents entrepreneurs in the purchase and sale of franchises and area development rights. In his international work, he represents foreign franchisors in their U.S. business and U.S. franchisors expanding abroad.
- Location: NY
- BA, Philosophy, Sarah Lawrence College
- JD, Law, Syracuse University College of Law
- Member of Executive Committee and former Chair, Franchise Law Committee and Legislative Affairs Committee, New York State Bar Association's Business Law Section
- Former member of the Governing Committee of the American Bar Association's Forum on Franchising, and a former editor of the Franchise Law Journal.
- Member, Legal Legislative Committee, International Franchise Assocation (IFA)
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Former Counsel and Lawyer, U.S. and International Business, Hunton & Williams
- Current, Franchise and Business Law Attorney, the NYC office of a national law firm