This expert has spent 35+ years in the mining industry, during which reclamation planning/execution has been a focal point. His experience includes mine and reclamation planning, mine and reclamation plan permitting by way of Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) under the Mineral Leasing Act (MLA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), implementation of best mining and reclamation practices, mine closure, and historic/legacy mine remediation. He began his own consulting business in 2016 and previously served as the Manager of Mining Projects and Remediation for Agrium USA. The expert is a registered Professional Engineer in Idaho and a member of the Society of Mining Engineers. He earned his B.S. in Mining Engineering from University of Utah and his MSHA trained.
- Location: ID
- B.S., Mining Engineering, University of Utah
- Registered, Professional Engineer, Idaho
- Training, Technical Project Management, American Management Association
- Training, MSHA & HazWoper
- Member, Society of Mining Engineers
- Author, 6+ Publications
- Former, Senior Engineer, Shell Oil Co.
- Former, Senior Specialist/Project Manager, Monsanto
- Former, Vice President, Terra Systems Inc.
- Former, Manager of Mining Projects and Remediation, Agrium USA Inc.
- Current, Principal Consultant & Owner, a Mining Consultancy