This expert has over 40 years of experience in the patent field. He spent 33 years in the USPTO starting as a patent examiner and working his way through the ranks to become the Commissioner for Patents in March 2000. After retirement from government service, this expert was the executive advisor at the intellectual property law firm of Birch, Stewart, Kolasch & Birch LLP. His practice included advising clients on USPTO practices and procedures and acting as an expert witness in numerous patent litigations. He has testifed in U.S. District courts as an expert witness on several occasions. Recently, he has formed his own consulting practice continuing work as a patent consultant and expert witness.
- Location: CA
- BS, Engineering Mechanics, Pennsylvania State University
- Former, Acting Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property, USPTO
- Former, Commissioner for Patents, USPTO
- Former, Executive Advisor, Birch, Stewart, Kolasch & Birch LLP
- Current, Owner, an Intellectual Property Advisory