This expert has educational and professional experience in agricultural real estate and is considered a trusted professional in land economics and is eminently qualified to provide opinions concerning land economics and divisions of property. His educational and work experience uniquely qualifies him to provide such testimony for court cases. After receiving a B.S. and a M.S. in Agricultural Economics from Mississippi State University, he served 31 years with the MS Cooperative Extension. For 25 of those years, he was the County Agricultural Agent in Yazoo County, the stateâ€™s largest county which is a very diverse and significant producer of agricultural commodities. During his career he won numerous state and national awards for his efforts.
He was recognized as a Certified General Appraiser by the state of Mississippi in 2005. Following his tenure with Kennard and Associates Appraisals, he began his own appraisal service business in 2008. He attained accreditation as an Accredited Rural Appraiser by the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers in 2008.
His services include consultation on land purchases and investments, inheritance division, sale of property, determining basis following death, valuing recreational tracts, crop land, custom farming, crop rents, conservation easements, property divisions and many other real estate needs. He has assisted in cases and served in court testimony in the division of agricultural properties up to 4,700 acres. Approximately half of his work involves assisting families with the division of property. He has written several articles for Delta Farm Press concerning land economics, death tax and problems with undivided interests. In addition to his appraisal and consulting business, he owns several hundred acres of crop and timber land.
- Location: Mississippi
- B.S., Mississippi State University
- M.S., Mississippi State University
- Member, National Association of County Agricultural Agents
- Member, Mississippi Association of County Agricultural Agents
- Member, American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers
- Certified, Mississippi General Appraiser
- Licensed, Mississippi Appraiser
- Accredited Rural Appraiser, American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers
- Former, Assistant County Agent, Mississippi Cooperative Extension Service
- Former, County Agent, Mississippi Cooperative Extension Service
- Former, County Leader, Mississippi Cooperative Extension Service
- Former, County Coordinator, Mississippi Cooperative Extensive Service
- Former, Real Estate Appraiser, Thomas A. Kennard and Associates
- Current, President / Owner of a private appraiser firm