This station valuation and broadcast station economics expert has been working in the media and entertainment industry for over 40 years. He studied Radio and Television at Ithaca College prior to receiving his M.B.A. with a concentration in Finance from American University. He is a former Founding Partner of DES Associates, where he worked for nearly a decade providing appraisal and acquisition analysis to the broadcasting industry. During this time he concurrently served as an Associate Editor for Paul Kagan Association. He left DES to form ComCapital Group, an investment banking company that specialized in station acquisition financing, valuations, and related financial consulting. Currently, this expert is the President and Founding Partner of an investment banking company that provides appraisal services and specialized economic analysis for the TV and radio broadcasting industry. Over the course of his career, this expert has appraised over 4,000 broadcast TV and radio stations with aggregate values in excess of $50 billion. His scholarly articles on the topics of broadcast station valuation and finance have been featured in publications such as the "Journal of Broadcast Financial ManagementÃ‚ï¿½, "Broadcasting", and "Broadcast Management & Engineering", while he has been recognized as a broadcast station valuation and economic expert by the Subcommittee on Telecommunications of the U.S. Congress. This expert has also been qualified as an expert in station valuation and broadcast station economics in proceedings before the U.S. Supreme Court and has prepared valuation and economic studies that were incorporated in proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission.
- Location: Seattle, WA
- MBA, Finance, American University
- Former, DES Associates
- Former, ComCapital Group
- Current, President and Founding Partner, Investment Banking Company
- 40 Years experience as an appraiser of broadcast TV and radio stations, towers, and related programming services and new ventures.
- Qualified as an expert in mass media economics, valuation, and business interruption in numerous Federal & State courts, and before the FCC. Also a recognized engineering consultant before the FCC.
- Principal of his own company for 30+ years, which provides consulting to banks and investors active in the broadcasting and related industries.