This highly qualified transportation safety and compliance expert has been involved with trucking logistics for over 30 years. He earned a BS in history and political science from Vanderbilt University and an MS in personnel management from Troy State University. He is certified in homeland security and is a certified director of safety by the North American Transportation Management Institute. Formerly, this expert served as a logistics director and personnel manager for Wal-Mart, a corporate manager of DOT and fleet safety with Georgia Pacific Corporation, and the vice president of safety and compliance with Unisource Worldwide Inc. He went on to become a manager of safety and regulatory compliance at XATA Corporation before opening Haffenden Consulting where he was the owner and proprietor.Most recently, he served as the vice president of safety at CRST International before moving to his current role as a compliance strategy officer at a trucking logistics company in Iowa.
- Location: IA
- BS, History/Political Science, Vanderbilt University
- MS, Personnel Management, Troy State University
- Certified, Director, Safety, North American Transportation Management Institute
- Certified, Homeland Security
- Former, Logistics Director/Personnel Manager, Wal-Mart
- Former, Corporate Manager, DOT/Fleet Safety, Georgia Pacific Corporation
- Former, Vice President, Safety & Compliance, Unisource Worldwide, Inc.
- Former, Manager, Safety & Regulatory Compliance, XATA Corporation
- Former, Owner/Proprietor, Haffenden Consulting LLC
- Former, Vice President, Safety, CRST International
- Current, Compliance Strategy Officer, a trucking logistics company in IA