This expert has written numerous textbooks, research papers, technical and non-technical books and pamphlets relating to chemical testing of textiles. He has over 35 patents and received the Research & Development 100 award as one of the 100 best patents in the world. Additionally, there have been many extension and related activities, such as presented papers, conferences, courses during his career. Additionally, he has been part of many university committees, and is Professor Emeritus at a well-known university.
- Location: Alabama
- B.S., Textile Chemistry, Auburn University
- M.S., Textile Chemistry, Clemson University
- PhD., Polymer and Fiber Chemistry, University of Manchester
- Member, Phi Psi (Textile Engineering Honorary and Professional Fraternity) A Fellow of the Textile Institute and a Fellow of the Society of Dyers & Colorist (England)
- Member, Pi Tau Sigma (Mechanical Engineering)
- Former, Research Consultant (Summer Internship) Dow Chemical Co.
- Former, USAR-Department of Army Research and Development Command (DARCOM) General Staff
- Former, Consultant, Alabama State Toxicology Laboratories on Identification of Textile Materials
- Former, Consultant, Eastman Chemical, Dow Chemical Company USA, Ashland Chemical Company, Hunt Textile Chemicals, Lenmar Chemical Corporation, and more companies across a variety of engineering fields
- Current, Professor Emeritus, Department of Polymer and Fiber