After working as a clinical medical physicist at New York University Medical Center this expert relocated to St. Josephâ€™s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix Arizona where he was part of the national physics team evaluating the very first Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) delivery system in the US, under an investigational agreement.
In 1997, he formed a major consulting firm and has provided clinical medical physics support and advisory services to over twenty-six radiotherapy centers including Mayo Clinic of Scottsdale, St. Jude Childrenâ€™s Research Hospital, and the University of Arizona.
This expert gained extensive experience in Stereotactic Radiosurgery at the Barrow Neurologic Institute in Phoenix Arizona. Procedures include linac based radiosurgery, Gamma Knife Perfexion, and surgically placed high activity I-125 seeds for deep seated cranial lesions. Beginning in 2004 and continuing into 2015, he provided back-up and start-up support for 4 Brainlab / Varian systems including both TrueBeam and Edge, and 2 Gamma Knife Perfexions. His experience with HDR includes lung, GYN, and esophageal cases and includes the use of most modern applicators including SAVI and Contura using both Varian and Elekta (Nucletron) products.
- Based in Arizona
- B.S., Physics / B.A., Mathematics, University of Texas at Austin
- M.S., Medical Physics, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- M.B.A., Arizona State University
- Certified, American Board of Radiology
- Member, American Association of Physicists in Medicine
- Member, American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC): LN 49-01380-01 / AMP / Ir-192
- Arizona Radiation Regulatory Agency: LN 13-007 / AMP / I-125, Ir-192
- Arizona Radiation Regulatory Agency: LN 13-007 / Radiation Safety Officer
- State of California Health & Human Services: LN 5938-10 / AMP / GK Perfexion Co-60, Ir-192
- Arizona Radiation Regulatory Agency: LN 07-424 / AMP / GK Perfexion Co-60, Ir-192
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: Registered Medical Physicist Radiation Therapy
- Arizona Radiation Regulatory Agency: Registered Medical Physicist Radiation Oncology
- Indiana State Department of Health: Approved Radiation Oncology Physicist