This Washington-based expert has over 20 years of experience in chemistry and medical device research, specializing in polymer synthesis, polymer characterization, analytical chemistry, medical device design and intellectual property management. He received his BES in chemistry and photographic sciences from St. Cloud State University before earning his PhD in polymer chemistry from the University of Southern California. He is active in his field as a member of the American Chemical Society, is a highly-published author on the topics of polymer chemistry and medical devices, and holds 65 patents that have enhanced the field of polymer chemistry. Previously, he has served as a polymer chemist and then a senior polymer chemist at Medtronic, an adjunct professor of polymer chemistry at the University of St. Thomas, and a senior scientist at DexCom Inc. He also formerly served as an associate professor and then a professor of chemistry, as well the assistant dean of the college of science and technology and the interim assistant vice president and dean of graduate studies at Bloomsburg University. Currently, he serves as the vice president of intellectual property at a technology research lab in WA.
- Location: WA
- BES, Chemistry & Photographic Sciences, St. Cloud State University
- PhD, Polymer Chemistry, University of Southern California
- Member, American Chemical Society
- 65 Patents
- Former, Polymer Chemist, Medtronic Inc.
- Former, Senior Polymer Chemist, Medtronic Inc.
- Former, Adjunct Professor, Polymer Chemistry, University of St. Thomas
- Former, Senior Scientist, Sensor Development, DexCom Inc.
- Former, Associate Professor, Chemistry, Bloomsburg University
- Former, Professor, Chemistry, Bloomsburg University
- Former, Co-Founder & Chief Technology Officer, Zzyzx Polymers
- Former, Assistant Dean, College of Science and Technology, Bloomsburg University
- Former, Interim Assistant Vice President, Bloomsburg University
- Former, Dean, Graduate Studies & Sponsored Research, Bloomsburg University
- Current, Vice President, Intellectual Property, a technology research lab in WA