This expert has over 20 of wide-ranging engineering experience. He holds a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of New Mexico and an M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Utah State University. He has held roles at Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque, New Mexico working on earth penetration weapons research and other advanced weapon concepts as well as a leading a hydrokinetic marine turbine manufacturing company. Currently, he is a principal of a roller coaster and amusement ride design consultancy firm. He has been involved in the design of numerous roller coasters and other amusement rides. Prior to forming this consultancy, he served as Chief Engineer for S&S Power, one of the largest and most innovative amusement ride manufacturers in the world. He can speak to finite element analysis, dynamic systems analysis, mechanical design, launch systems, coaster train design, restraint design, pneumatics, hydraulics, data acquisition, data analysis, technical project management, specialty computer programming, and testing in the amusement industry.
- Location: UT
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Utah State University
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, Utah State University
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of New Mexico
- Licensed, Professional Engineer
- Former, Adjunct Professor, Utah State University
- Former, Principal Member of Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories,
- Former, Chief Engineer, S&S Power, Inc.
- Former, President, Ride Seatbelts, Inc.
- Current, CTO and VP Engineering, a hydrokinetic marine turbine manufacturing company
- Current, President, a private consulting engineering firm
- Current, Founder, an amusement ride engineering consultancy