This expert has been working as a mechanical engineer and testifying expert witness for over 30 years. He holds both an M.S. and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University and a BES from Georgia Tech. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), a Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and a Member of SAE and ASM. This expert is a licensed Professional Mechanical Engineer (PE), providing expertise across a wide range of engineering topics and fields. He has deep experience in medical devices including cardiovascular, orthopedic, and spinal applications and applications of nitinol shape memory materials. He has experience as an Expert Witness, has testified in trial and deposition, and authored expert reports and IPR declarations. He works in patents and product failure analysis and forensics.
He was previously Faculty in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Santa Clara University as well as a Visiting Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Stanford University.
- Location: California
- B.S., Engineering Science and Mechanics, Georgia Tech
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University
- Licensed Professional Mechanical Engineer (PE) in California
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Former, Senior Managing Engineer, Exponent, Inc.
- Former, Director of R&D, Rubicor Medical, Inc.
- Former, Senior Manager and Lead Application Engineer, MSC Software Corporation
- Former, Faculty, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Santa Clara University
- Current, Principal, private engineering consultancy