Healthcare consulting and management executive with thirty-six years of progressively responsible experience in assisting community hospitals, multi-hospital systems, academic medical and research centers, nursing homes and assisted living facilities, managed care organizations and large physician entities achieve strategic business objectives.
Extensive involvement in complex healthcare-related litigation pertaining to identification of breach of standards of care in the operation of hospitals, nursing homes and ambulatory care environments, negligent hiring, physician credentialing in both hospital and managed care organizations, interpretation of JCAHO standards, hospital and medical staff bylaws, third party billing disputes, administrative and billing compliance, managed care contracting, economic analysis related to enterprise value and fair market value compensation analyses.
Consistent proven ability to conceptualize, analyze and implement effective approaches and solutions to enhance strategic position, operational effectiveness and financial results of healthcare organizations. Regional and national consulting experience includes market planning, product line initiatives, operations improvement, business valuations, medical staff development, hospital-physician joint ventures, healthcare system reorganization, group practice formation, third party contract review and negotiation, physician and hospital business office issues.
- Location: Pennsylvania
- B.A., State University of New York at Stony Brook
- M.B.A. and M.H.A., Northwestern University
- Member, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Member, American College of Healthcare Executives
- Former, Executive Assistant to Chancellor and Assistant Hospital Director, Georgetown University Medical Center
- Former, Executive Director, Rolling Hill Hospital
- Former, Healthcare Management Consulting Director, PKF/Ernst & Young
- Current, Speaker and Presenter on various topics including managed care contracting, hospital and physician joint ventures, and timely healthcare management, financial and operational issues
- Current, Upper management, a healthcare consulting firm
- Key Projects have focused on: strategic business planning, operations management, and financial and transactional assistance