This former technology executive is a longtime innovator with significant contributions to the wireless telecommunications industry. Over the course of his career, he filed 2,066 invention applications worldwide; the expert has been issued 187 U.S. patents and has 200+ pending applications. His experience spans wireless technology, systems, and networks, including 5G and IoT. He earned his M.S. and Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California and is a Senior Life Member of the IEEE. From 1990 until 2016, the expert worked for Qualcomm Technologies and was most recently the Vice President of Technology, with 22 engineers reporting to him. He now runs his own wireless technology consulting firm.
- Location: CA
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Ain Shams (Egypt)
- B.S., Applied Mathematics, University of Ain Shams (Egypt)
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Co-Author, 1 Textbook, 15 Journal Papers, & 46 Conference Papers
- Recipient, 179 Patents with 214 Pending Applications
- Former, Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering, Southern Methodist University
- Former, Vice President of Technology, Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
- Current, Principal, a Wireless Technology Consultant