This well credentialed expert earned his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from George Washington University, his M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Virginia Tech, and his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from George Washington University. He has held academic positions at various levels dating back to the 1980s and currently serves as a Professor of Mechanical Engineering and the Department Head for a leading public research university in Virginia. His areas of engineering expertise include mechanical engineering, control systems, dynamics, robotics, intelligent vehicles, and transportation safety. He focuses his efforts on several application areas, including automotive safety systems, vehicle dynamics and control, collision warning/avoidance, and autonomous vehicles. The expert has co-authored 2 books and 7 book chapters, as well as numerous other publications (over 160), and he has received 1 patent.
- Location: VA
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, George Washington University
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- D.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, George Washington University
- Associate Editor and Editorial Board member of 5 journals including ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control & IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Transactions (Senior Editor)
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Member, Society of Automotive Engineers
- Receipt of IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society Outstanding Researcher Award in 2017
- Recipient, 1 U.S. Patent
- Co-Author, 2 Books & 7 Book Chapters
- Author/Co-Author of 60 Journal and 98 peer reviewed Conference papers, 5 Magazine Articles, & 37 Technical Reports and an additional 78 presentations
- Current, Professor and Head of the Mechanical Engineering Department at a Leading Public Research University in Virginia, and Director of Autonomous Systems and Intelligent Machines Lab.
- Former, Associate Professor & Professor of Engineering and Applied Science, George Washington University
- Former, Director and Founder, Center for Intelligent Systems Research (CISR) at George Washington University
- Former, Director of the University Area of Excellence program in Transportation Safety and Security at George Washington University
- Former, Instructor & Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
- Former, Mechanical Engineer, VSE Corporation
- Former, Project Engineer, Phillips Cartner and Co., Inc.