This highly qualified expert formerly served as the supervisor of the California Highway Patrol Academy's Motorcycle Training Unit. He was an active member of the California Highway Patrol for nearly 29 years and is recognized as an expert in motorcycle training and operations. He routinely consults with and provides advice to people and organizations concerned with motorcycle safety and operations. He has published articles on motorcycle safety in Harley Davidson's The Motor Officer, Law Officer, Police One, Calibre Press and American Motorcyclist magazines, and he has specifically published an article on Escort Safety for funeral processions.
While serving as Supervisor of the Motorcycle Training Unit, he was responsible for training and certifying all departmental motorcycle operators and motorcycle training officers. He also trained and certified motorcycle operators and training officers for allied agencies, and he was considered a subject matter expert for motorcycle training and testing to the Department's Occupational Safety Board, and Motor Vehicle Advisory Board.
Relevant career accomplishments include being selected by Department's Occupational Safety Board Motorcycle Safety Sub-Committee to script, direct and produce a motorcycle safety DVD for escort and Protective Service operations.
- Location: CA
- Cadet Training Class, Valedictorian, California Highway Patrol Academy
- Certification: Motorcycle Training Officer
- Published, Numerous Motorcycle Safety Article
- Produced, DVD. Motorcycle Safety for Escort Operations
- Former, Field Training Officer, California Highway Patrol
- Former, Sargent, California Highway Patrol
- Former, Supervisor, Various Departments, California Highway Patrol
- Former, Supervisor, Motorcycle Training Unit, California Highway Patrol