This expert has had a long career in the field of law enforcement and criminal justice, with an emphasis on policy and technology. He earned a BS in Electronics Engineering from the University of New Mexico, a MS in Engineering Administration from George Washington University, and completed PhD honors coursework in engineering-economic systems at Stanford University. He has been active in the development of law enforcement software products, has managed system implementation for dozens of law enforcement agencies throughout the world, and has managed national programs in support of law enforcement and criminal justice agencies. Currently, this expert is an innovation strategist and owner of his own law enforcement technology and consulting firm.
- Location: Virginia
- BS, Electronics Engineering, University of New Mexico
- MS, Engineering Administration, George Washington University
- PhD Honors Program, Engineering-Economic Systems (non-degree seeking study), Stanford University
- Appointed to serve on the Committee on Law and Justice of the National Academy of Sciences
- Named by Government Technology magazine as one of the Top 25 "Doers, Dreamers & Drivers" in Public Sector Innovation in the U.S.
- Recipient, Kevin Bacon award for his contributions to the justice information technology field and for his career of mentoring leaders and producers in the field.
- Senior Fellow, Homeland Security Policy Institute of the George Washington University
- 30+ Publications in the field of Law Enforcement Software and Technology
- Former, Law Enforcement Program Manager, Sylvania Electronic Systems
- Former, Vice President, Public Systems, Inc.
- Former, Deputy Administrator by Presidential Appointment, U.S. Law Enforcement Assistance Administration
- Former, VP/Technical Director, Simcon Inc
- Former, Founder/CEO/President, Vision Technology, Inc.
- Former, Program Director, Synergetic Systems, Inc.
- Former, President/CEO, Viking Technology, Inc.
- Former, Vice President, Business Development, Criminal Justice and Intelligence Solutions, PEC Solutions, Inc.
- Former, Executive Director, Integrated Justice Information Systems Institute
- Current, Innovation Strategist at his own law enforcement technology and consulting firm