This expert has over 30 years combined experience in the fields of Emergency Management and Campus Safety. He is currently responsible for all operational and strategic aspects of campus safety, security and emergency management at a four-year residential University of 3,500 students and 900 on-campus residents on three campuses in the Washington DC metropolitan area. He has designed and implemented comprehensive safety and training programs for students, staff, faculty and property protection. His areas of responsibility and expertise also include the training and development of safety and security professionals with a focus on excellence in service quality; development and implementation of crime prevention programs, legal compliance, criminal and incident response and investigations, budgetary development and oversight; implementation of physical security systems including CCTV, alarm systems, access control systems and emergency response.
In the field of Emergency Management, the expert has designed, developed and implemented comprehensive university programs for incident and emergency management, preparedness and response including policy development and creation of campus threat assessment programs, continuity of operations planning, campus and department-wide emergency drills, exercises and training, comprehensive testing of all emergency systems, and the development and coordination of a campus-wide system of emergency volunteers and coordinators.
- Location: VA
- BA, Government and Politics, George Mason University
- MS, Forensic Psychology, Marymount University
- Certified, Trainer, Campus Safety Officer Certification Program, Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services
- Certified, Continuity of Operations , FEMA
- Certified, Instructor, Campus Safety Officer Certification Program
- Member, International Association of Emergency Managers
- Member, Virginia Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators
- Member, Virginia Emergency Management Association
- Member, Emergency Managers Committee, Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area
- Member, NACCOP National Association of Clery Compliance Officers and Professionals
- Member, NASPA Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- Current, Director of Campus Safety and Emergency Management, a VA university