This expert focuses on accounting, forensic accounting, financial analysis, financial forensics, economic damages, business valuation and investigations. He has experience in lost profits/earnings, business interruption claims, analysis of financial transactions and balances, Court-ordered accounting, bankruptcy, fraud examinations, investigations and the reconstruction of incomplete, misstated and/or falsified financial information.
This expert provides consulting and litigation support services to trial lawyers, trustees, examiners, receivers, business owners and managers and units of federal, state and local government. Many engagements combine financial analysis, economic damages determination, valuation issues, tracing procedures and/or other applications of financial forensics to assist in resolving complex commercial litigation and business disputes. He has more than 35 years of experience in accounting, financial analysis, financial forensics, business economics, fraud examinations and investigations in diverse engagements and numerous industries, including more than 15 years of experience in economic damages and business valuations. He has participated in public hearings and alternative dispute resolutions, submitted expert reports in several jurisdictions and testified in arbitration, regulatory proceedings and State, Federal and Bankruptcy Courts.
- Location: Illinois
- B.A., Witwatersrand University, South Africa
- Certified: Valuation Analyst, Global Management Accountant, Forensic Financial Analyst, Final Forensics, Distress Business Valuation, Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor, Fraud Examiner, Public Accountant
- Member, American College of Forensic Examiners, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, Chicago International Dispute Resolution Association, Forensic Expert Witness Association, Illinois Certified Public Accountants Society, National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Former, Accountant, Schwartz Fine & Company/Arthur Anderson Worldwide
- Former, Group Treasurer, Macsteel Group of Companies
- Former, Manager, Accounting and Auditing, Sussman & Goddard
- Former, Principal, Accounting firm in Midwest
- Former, Partner, Accounting firm in Midwest
- Current, Managing Member, private accounting firm in Midwest