This experienced consumer advocate is currently an actuarial consultant, who for the past two years has been engaged as a plaintiff's expert witness in two title insurance cases in federal court involving fee shifting of closing costs on VA guaranteed loans into title insurance premiums, search and examination fees by two of the largest mortgage originators in the United States.
He is also currently engaged in two cases representing consumers alleging failure to pay full replacement costs by two of the largest homeowners insurers in the United States. He has also testified as an actuarial expert witness against a recent NCCI proposed 19.6% workers compensation insurance rate increase in the state of Florida. This expert has a long history of testifying on behalf of consumers in insurance rate cases in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Texas and Florida. A fellow of both the Casualty Actuarial Society and Society of Actuaries and also a member of the American Academy of Actuaries, he previously served in a managerial position at Ernst & Young. For roughly ten years, he served as an actuary with the Florida Office of Insurance Consumer Advocate. He earned his BS in Mathematics from the University of Michigan and his MBA from the University of Utah.
- Location: FL
- BS, University of Michigan
- MBA, University of Utah
- Fellow, Casualty Actuarial Society
- Fellow, Society of Actuaries
- Member, American Academy of Actuaries
- Former, Manager, Ernst & Young
- Former, Senior Consultant, Mercer Oliver Wyman
- Former, Consumer Advocate, Florida Office of Insurance Consumer Advocate (10 years)
- Current, Independent Actuarial Consultant