This expert is a consultant and trainer with 10+ years experience in the area of workplace bullying/abusive conduct. She has consulted for a number of Fortune 500 companies, including the third largest energy company in the world, several hospitals and universities, several branches of the U.S. Military, and a variety of large and small businesses and government agencies.
She also consulted for California and Tennessee representatives as they sought to pass laws against workplace bullying. (Both were successful).
She has published in a variety of trade magazines and has appeared several times on FOX, NBC, and ABC as an expert, as well as in USA Today, Inc Magazine, Huffington Post, Entrepreneur Magazine, and other major news venues. She is Past-President of the American Society of Training & Development (ASTD), San Diego Chapter, and current President of a national bullying coalition.
In his book foreword, a noted speaker and consultant, called her book, the most comprehensive and valuable handbook on the topic. Her second book, provides steps to solving the problem of workplace bullying.
- Location: CA
- BA, Communication, San Diego State University
- MA, Organizational Communication, San Diego State University
- Certification: Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), HR Certification Institute
- Certification: Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), Society for Human Resources Management
- Certification: In Coaching, Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- President and Founder: National Workplace Bullying Coalition
- Past President: Association for Talent Development (ATD), San Diego Chapter
- Member: Association of Talent Development (ATD)
- Member: Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Member: International Association of Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- Former: Director of Compliance/HR, Education & Business Development, Debt-Free America
- Current: Adjunct Professor, major CA university
- Current: Adjunct Professor, major CA College
- Current: Consultant and President of a HR/ workplace training and management consulting firm
- Published: a book for leaders and HR on solving workplace bullying
- Published: a book for targets of workplace bullying to navigate the bullying and maintain psychological safety
- Published: in over 40 trade magazines (e.g., Journal of Employee Assistance, Workplace Violence Prevention eReport, etc)
- Published: and cited in major news venues (e.g., USA Today, NPR, Washington Times, etc)
- Presented: at several industry and HR conferences
- Presented: at the International Association for Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- Refereed: International Journal of Workplace Health Management's special issue on workplace bullying