This expert has 40 years of experience in mechanical engineering, specializing in engineering simulation, heat transfer, and fluid dynamics. After earning her BS in math and physics from Heidelberg College, she earned her BS in engineering physics and MS in mechanical engineering from the University of Toledo. She also obtained her PhD in mechanical and aerospace engineering at the University of Virginia before beginning a highly successful career in mechanical engineering research and engineering software. She is active in her field as a member of numerous professional organizations and as the author of over 80 journal articles, technical reports, web articles, and seminar presentations. Some of her former positions include serving as the president of Blue Ridge Numerics, Inc., as the vice president of product development for Compuflo, Inc., and as a professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering at the University of Virginia. In these roles, she conducted extensive research and directed technical simulation software development for 3 companies. Currently, this expert is a senior architect for a technology company.
- Location: TN
- BS, Math and Physics, Heidelberg College
- BS, Engineering Physics, University of Toledo
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Toledo
- PhD, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Virginia
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Member, American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Member, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Member, Society of Automotive Engineers
- Former, Senior Scientist, University of Virginia
- Former, Vice President, Product Development, Compuflo Inc.
- Former, President, Blue Ridge Numerics, Inc.
- Former, Adjunct Professor, Math and Engineering, Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Former, Professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Virginia
- Current, Senior Architect, a technology company in VA