This expert has over 39 years of insurance, reinsurance and risk management experience. He has worked as an underwriter, a retail agent, a wholesale broker, a reinsurer, an intermediary, a consultant and as an expert witness. His areas of expertise include all forms of property & casualty insurance, the usual and customary practices of the industry, the standards of care and reasonable expectations of parties within the industry, alternative risk transfer techniques and methods including, self-insurance and captive insurance companies; reinsurance, marketing distribution systems within the industry and the roles, responsibilities and functionality of agents, brokers, underwriters, managing general agents, underwriting managers, reinsurers, and the interplay and relationship between all of them.
- B.A. in Communications from Auburn University
- Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) since 1988
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) since 1991
- Associate in Reinsurance (ARe) since 1999
- Registered Professional Adjuster (RPA) since 2008
- He is President of a risk management constultancy society
- Member of Society of Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriters
- Member of the Defense Research Institute
- Member of the Registered Professional Adjusters Association
- Associate Member of the American Bar Association-Litigation Section
- This expert is also an Instructor/Advisor of 86 Pillars LLC, an advisor and consultant to multiple firms, and an A.M. Best Expert Witness.