This expert is a recognized authority and consultant in the hotel industry. He operates his hotel, hospitality and consulting practice specializing in operational audits and the effectiveness of hotel franchising agreements and litigation support assignments. Prior to forming his hotel consulting firm, this expert was the Product Line Manager for Hotel/Motel Operations at the International Telephone & Telegraph Co. overseeing the Sheraton Corporation of America. His previous experience includes working as the General Manager of the Summit Hotel (762 Rooms), General Manager of the Drake Hotel (680 Rooms) and Resident Manager of the Americana Hotel (1842 Rooms), all in New York City.
He serves on the Board of Advisors and lectures at the NYU Tisch Center for Hospitality, Tourism and Sports Management. He is a member of the prestigious International Society of Hospitality Consultants and is certified as a Master Hotel Supplier by the Educational Institute of the American Hotel and Lodging Association. He served for eleven years as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the City Club of New York. He is one of the most widely published authors in the hospitality field. His insightful articles on various hotel subjects have been published in the Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, Lodging Hospitality, Hotel & Motel Management, AAHOA Lodging Business, and posted on the Hotel Interactive and Hotel Online websites.
- Based in New York
- B.S. in Business Management, New York University
- Graduate work in Executive Management, St, Johns University
- Professional Designation, 2014 Historian of the Year by Historic Hotels of America, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- CMHS Emeritus Certification, American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute
- Lecturer, NYU Tisch Center for Hospitality and Tourism
- Honorary Chairman Board of Trustees, City Club of New York
- Former, Resident Manager, The Americana Hotel
- Former, General Manager, The Drake Hotel
- Former, General Manager, The Summit Hotel
- Former, Product Line Manager - Hotel/Motel Operations, International Telephone and Telegraph Corporation
- Current, Hotel Consultant