This highly qualified expert has 44+ years of experience in Structural and Wildland Firefighting, Emergency and Disaster Response, which includes from basic hand crew work and entry level firefighter, up to and including being Incident Commander on thousands of emergency incidents. For the past 37 years he has been an instructor and an educational designer, developing and instructing courses in all types of Firefighting, Incident Command, and Emergency Response. He currently holds the title of Part Time Battalion Chief where he responds to major wildland fires and other all hazard incidents throughout the United States. Although partially retired now, he was a Battalion Chief with the Orange County Fire Authority where he was a manager of field Battalion consisting of 9 fire stations, 35 career firefighters including 13 captains, 13 fire engines, 3 ladder trucks, 4 medic units, 1 air unit, and 1 water tender. Notable accomplishments include but are not limited to being selected as Operations Section Chief on the Incident Management Team for 2002 Salt Lake Olympics for month of February 2002, in Park City Utah. He has been the Commander in charge of running various teams when responding to disasters and emergency incidents and knows how to develop the incident management processes on-site to manage the emergency and ensure his team's safety and that of everyone present at the scene.
- Location: CA
- A.A.A., Fire Technology, San Diego City College, Public Safety Administration Cal. State Los Angeles.
- Current, Operations Section Chief II, Operations Branch Director I on Wildland Incident Management Teams.
- Former, Operations Section Chief, FEMA Urban Search and Rescue.
- Current, Adjunct Faculty Instructor, National Fire Academy 27 years.
- Current, Adjunct Faculty Instructor, Calif. State Fire Marshall's Training Section, 37 years
- Current, Subject Matter Expert on FIRESCOPE Incident Command System, the Nationally Recognized Emergency Incident Management System since 1976.
- Former, Battalion Chief, County Fire Authority 42 years
- Current, Vice President, Fire Museum and Safety Learning Center
- Current, Vice President, County Firefighters Emerald Society
- Former, Assistant Chief, Mammoth Lakes Fire Department of California
- Former, Firefighter to Captain, California Department of Forestry
- Former, Operations Section Chief, Incident Management Team, USOC 2002 Salt Lake City Utah Olympics
- Former, President, So. California Association of Foresters & Fire Wardens currently still on Board of Directors
- Founder, and Team Coordinator, Critical Incident Stress Management Team for major west coast fire authority