This case involves a welder who was killed by an improperly insulated cable running from a welding generator to an electrode. At the time of the incident in question, the welding cable was being fed through a ventilation shaft, with the generator and the welder on different floors of the building. The building was not sealed against the weather, and there was noted to be a significant amount of moisture in the room at the time of the accident. In addition, the cable that connected the welding electrodes to the generator were noted to have multiple cuts and abrasions on its insulation, some of which were exposed directly to the moisture in the room. When the welder first struck an arc against the work piece, he was immediately electrified, dying at the hospital a few hours after the incident.