This case involves an individual who suffered a severe allergic reaction at a fast casual restaurant in Connecticut. The plaintiff had a known, severe allergy to shellfish, which he indicated to restaurant staff. As a result, restaurant staff advised him to order a meal of chicken and french fries. Unbeknownst to the customer, the meal had been contaminated with the presence of a fried shrimp along with the chicken, which caused a violent and immediate reaction in the customer. The man’s family immediately called emergency services, however they were too late to save his life. It was alleged that a lack of training and supervision of the kitchen staff was responsible for the contamination of the man’s meal.