This case involves a property owner of an antiquated rental property, whose tenants complained that many of the appliances were outdated and that the home had numerous structural problems and pest infestations. The property owner consequently began to do a number of renovations to the interior and exterior of the home, and hired a heating contractor to replace the boiler in the rental property. The rental property was currently occupied by a family with several children. The contractor did not seal off the basement while he worked to replace the boiler. While the contractor was working, insulation from the heating pipes that contained asbestos was removed. The contractor was not a licensed asbestos contractor. The contractor did not notify the state Department of Environmental Protection that he would be disturbing asbestos when he replaced the boiler. The contractor did not follow appropriate procedures to prevent asbestos emissions and additionally disposed of the asbestos material in household trash bags. The state Attorney General indicted the property owner and the contractor for improper asbestos removal.