This case involves a building inspector who was diagnosed with lung cancer after exposure to toxic levels of radon gases in the buildings in which we worked during his career. The buildings have been declared condemned due to the impermissible and lethal levels of radon present in these buildings for decades. The levels of radon were known by the Defendant for years before the death of the decedent. The decedent was 45 years old when he died. He had no significant medical history, was a non-smoker, and was physically fit and active. He had been exposed to the radon for over 10 years through his employment.