This case takes place in Massachusetts and involves a man who suffered injuries from a glass shard that was present at the bottom of a swimming pool in a large water park. The man had been relaxing by the side of a large pool when he decided to take a swim. After descending a ladder on the side of the pool to enter the water, the man began to wade through the pool. After traveling thought the pool for several minutes, the man felt a large piece of glass puncture his skin. After removing the glass from his foot, it was inspected and found to be consistent with the type of glass used in the bottles of beer that the park was serving at a poolside bar. As a result of his injuries, the man suffered serious nerve damage to his foot that will never heal. It is alleged that the pool area should have been properly inspected before and after opening, and that that glass containers should not have been permitted in that area.