This case takes place in New York and involves a facilities maintenance manager who was diagnosed with lung cancer and died after exposure to toxic levels of radon gases in the basement office in which he worked. The decedent was in charge of all facilities management activities at a community college campus. The building in which the decedent’s office was housed was scheduled for demolition in the final year of his employment at the college, due in part to the impermissible and lethal levels of radon present in the building for decades. The levels of radon were known by the Defendant for years before the death of the decedent. The decedent was an active, healthy, non-smoker with an unremarkable medical history who had worked in the same basement office for nearly 10 years before being diagnosed with cancer.