This case involves a man whose home, a stucco-walled building, was flooded following a hurricane in his area. The man had his home covered by flood insurance, and was told by the insurance company that they would hire a contractor to remediate the water damage as part of his coverage after the FEMA cleanup crews had worked through the area. The crew employed by the insurance company, despite multiple complaints by the homeowner, failed to adequately address many areas of his home that had been damaged by the floodwaters. Over the next few months, the man experienced progressively worsening respiratory symptoms. Eventually, it was discovered that toxic black mold was growing in several of the water damaged areas of his home.