The case involves guests exposed to carbon monoxide while staying at a hotel. The plaintiffs experienced loss of consciousness, bouts of diarrhea and vomiting while in their hotel room. Sensing something was wrong, they called 911. Upon arrival, the ambulance personnel tested the air for carbon dioxide that registered positive for carbon monoxide at dangerous levels. Test results concluded that the entire building was under negative pressure, causing carbon monoxide to leak through a cracked chimney in the hotel room. The plaintiff alleges that operating water heaters in a building under negative pressure can increase corrosion rates causing leaks to vent pipes allowing carbon monoxide gas to escape into the guest rooms. An expert in carbon monoxide was sought to opine on the issue.