This case involves an explosion in a small apartment building that killed an elderly female tenant in Arkansas. On the day of the incident, a resident of the building called the utility company regarding a suspected natural gas leak. The utility company failed to find the source of the leak, however they chose not to notify the fire department or building management about the potential leak. Within the next hour, one of the apartments on the lower floor of the apartment building exploded. After the explosion, it was discovered that the cause of the explosion was likely a negligently installed gas meter located directly outside of the deceased resident’s apartment.