This case involves a man who suffered severe burns from a propane tank explosion. At the time of the incident in question, the man was attempting to refill a number of propane tanks that were used for outdoor heating at a restaurant he owned. After getting the tanks filled by one of the employees at the tank company, he placed all of the tanks in the back of a rented box truck. When he returned to the truck, he smelled a strong odor of propane. He immediately opened the rear door of the box truck, at which point the propane tanks exploded. He suffered a number of serious injuries in the explosion, as well as extensive burns across his body. It was alleged that the tanks were improperly filled, secured, and fastened by the filling station.