This case takes place in Kansas and involves a child who was burned when he pulled a Kenmore stove top oven – which wasn’t harnessed or fastened to the wall of a rental apartment – while his parents were cooking a meal. The child was unsupervised at the time of the incident, and when he attempted to pull the stove while a meal was being prepared, the stove was not secured to the wall. The incident took place in a rental apartment in Arizona. When the rental corporation alleged that there was no reasonable expectation for the oven to be secured to the wall, the family decided that they would pursue charges of negligent rental maintenance regardless. An expert with vast familiarity of residential rental units and the appropriate standards pertaining to the installation of stove top ovens was required for the case.