This case involves a middle-aged male who was a resident of a high rise urban housing project in Arkansas who contracted a rare viral infection shortly after moving in. When the man first moved in to the building, he noticed a number of rodent droppings in the hallway as well as the corners of his closet. He later discovered that the building was infested with both rats and mice, and an ongoing effort to exterminate the vermin had been largely ineffective. Eventually, the man was diagnosed with a viral infection of his respiratory tract that was likely caused by exposure to rodent droppings. It was later discovered that multiple other residents of the building were infected with the same virus.