This case involves a female who purchased generic acetaminophen from her pharmacy in order to treat minor aches and pains from a minor automotive accident that had occurred some weeks prior. She continued to take the recommended dose of the drug for several months after this initial purchase without incident. However, approximately four months after she began taking the drug, she developed a bright red rash that began to spread. Shortly after the rash first emerged the woman presented to the emergency room. Records from her admission indicated that she presented with a fever, rash, headache, vomiting, and tenderness in her pelvis. Despite these symptoms continuing unabated, the patient was released from the ER shortly after admission, with the doctor recommending that she continue taking the acetaminophen. The next day, the patient was in substantially worse condition, at which point the physician was called but no further action was recommended. The patient was taken back to the ER with new complaints of an excruciating burning sensation, where doctors were unable to provide a definitive diagnosis. At this point, it was noted that the patient’s skin had begun to slough off in sheets. She was then transferred to a larger, university-affiliated medical center where she was immediately diagnosed with Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis, or TEN. The patient languished in the hospital’s ICU for the better part of a year before she eventually died. It was noted that the hospital continued to prescribe acetaminophen throughtout her hospitalization, which may have been the causative agent for the patient’s disease.