This mortgage expert has 30+ years of lending experience, including management positions in residential and consumer lending, secondary marketing, loan servicing, compliance, and operations.
He is an accomplished third-party underwriter and quality control reviewer of mortgage loans and operations for several classifications of mortgage lenders.
He has been a national-level instructor for over 20 years and has taught hundreds of lenders, as well as taught examiners and regulators on the state and federal level for banks, credit unions, and mortgage bankers/brokers.
He worked with the NMLS in designing the SAFE Act federal MLO exam and in reviewing and auditing SAFE Act licensing education programs.
The expert is a past Director of the Community Lending Institute Education Department for the American Bankers Association and is also the past Board Director, Strategic Planning Committee Chair, and Education Committee Co-Chair for the Connecticut Mortgage Bankers Association.
In addition, he is the author of an industry standard residential mortgage textbook that is used in several hundred U.S. colleges and universities.
The expert current runs two small consulting practices that specialize in mortgage and consumer lending/compliance.
- Location: CT
- Graduate With Honors, Connecticut School of Finance and Management
- Graduate, America's Community Bankers, National School of Banking
- Member of the Board of Directors & Vice President of Education, Bank Compliance Association of Connecticut
- Member, Past Director, Strategic Planning Committee Chair, Education Committee Co-Chair, and Affordable Housing Committee Member, Connecticut Mortgage Bankers Association
- Past Director, Community Lending Institute, America's Community Bankers / American Bankers Association
- Instructor & Course Designer, Various Industry and Regulator Education Programs
- Author, Residential Mortgage Lending Textbook
- Former, Mortgage Underwriter, Northeast Savings
- Former, Mortgage Loan Officer, Bristol Savings Bank
- Former, Mortgage Department Manager, Advest Bank
- Current, Quality Control Reviewer, Community-Based Lenders in IN, MD, VA, CT, UT, KY, MI, and FL
- Current, President, Two Consulting Firms Advising on Mortgage and Consumer Lending