This expert is a neurosurgeon at a Spine and Brain Institute in Florida. He was a consultant in Neurosurgery at the Mayo Clinic in Florida from 2009-2015 and an Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery in the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine. He was the director of the Mayo Clinic Florida spine surgery fellowship from 2013-2015. He received a BS degree in Biology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and an MD degree from the University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine, followed by Neurosurgical residency training at the University of Pittsburgh. During residency, he was awarded the North American Spine Society Clinical Travelling Fellowship in 2007.
His major clinical interests are complex spinal surgery, spinal deformity surgery and image guidance in spine surgery. He has published over 30 original peer-reviewed articles and has presented more than 50 abstracts, posters and lectures. He serves on the Florida Neurosurgery Society, on the Executive Committee of the Southern Neurosurgical Society, Robotics and Navigation committee for the North American Spine Society, as well as previously directing the a training portion of the Annual Pittsburgh Spine Summit.
He is a member of the prestigious Neurosurgery Society of America, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society as well as the Congress of Neurological Surgery and is a Fellow of the American Association of Neurologic Surgery.
- Location: FL
- BS, University of North Carolina
- MD, University of Pittsburgh
- Residency, Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh
- Board Certified, Neurosurgery
- Member, Neurosurgery Society of America
- Member, Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Executive Committee Member, Southern Neurosurgery Society
- Executive Committee Member, Florida Neurosurgery Society
- Former, Neurosurgeon, Mayo Clinic
- Current, Neurosurgeon, a Florida Brain and Spine Center