This expert is the Division Chief of Hand in the Department of Plastic Surgery. He is also the Program Director of the Plastic Surgery component of the Plastic Surgery Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship, as well as intimately involved with the Hand Transplantation Program at a major PA Medical Center.
He has trained in Plastic Surgery at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI. He completed fellowships in Hand and Upper Extremity surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Thomas Jefferson University/Philadelphia Hand Center. Prior to coming on as the Division Chief of Hand Surgery, he was part of the teaching faculty at Allegheny General Hospital Department of Orthopaedics, where he treated of all types of complex hand, wrist, and elbow fractures, ligament, and tendon injuries. Over the past few years, he has had the opportunity to develop an adult peripheral nerve and post traumatic brachial plexus injury practice, through which he has been able to employ the latest in nerve repair and transfer techniques, as well as tendon transfer techniques. These patients will be evaluated at the new Center for Nerve Disorder at a major PA Medical Center, opening this fall.
He plays a very active role in the VCA (vascularized composite allotransplantation) lab and also has an interest in peripheral nerve research. Among his many clinical interests, he is involved with clinical outcome studies regarding hand transplant patients.
- Location: PA
- Current, the Division Chief of Hand in the Department of Plastic Surgery at Major PA Medical Center.
- Undergraduate, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Medical School, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Residency, Plastic Surgery Residency at Wayne State, Detroit Medical Center
- Fellowship, Hand Surgery Fellowship at University of Pittsburgh (2003-4)
- Fellowship, Jefferson University - Philadelphia Hand Center (2006-7)