This expert is a Professor of Neurology and Director of the Center for Headache Medicine at an Ivy League University. Prior to joining the university as a senior clinical research scientist in molecular neurobiology, this expert attended University of Southern California, Keck Medical School, completed a residency program at USC Department of Neurology and served on faculty there until 2000. He is Board Certified in the areas of: Psychiatry and Neurology and Pain Medicine. He also holds subspecialty certification in Headache Medicine. This expert is widely published in various scientific journals, including the Journal of the American Medical Association Cephalalgia, and Headache. He has authored book chapters lectures both nationally and internationally on a variety of headache topics, and has appeared on NBC, CBS and has been featured in articles ranging from the San Francisco Chronicle to Vogue Magazine.
This expert has held several nationally elected positions, including chair of the sections on Chronic Daily Headache and In-office Patient Education for the American Headache Society. He is immediate past President of the Headache Cooperative of the Pacific, is a fellow of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Headache Society. He is on the boards of the several neurological organizations. He is a reviewer for several peer-reviewed journals, including Headache and Cephalalgia. He is an editor for a headache publication.
This expert co-founded a firm develops computer-based tools to aid in the diagnosis, education, and care of people with chronic medical conditions. His primary research interest is the pathophysiology of chronic daily headache, utilizing functional imaging, body fluid analysis and deep phenotyping. He has been the recipient of NIH, foundation, industry and individual grants and gifts for his research.
- Location: CA
- BA, Clark University
- MD, University of Southern California
- Residency, Neurology, University of Southern California
- Fellowship, University of Southern California
- Board Certified: Neurology, Pain Medicine, Headache Medicine
- Fellow, American Headache Society
- Fellow, American Academy of Neurology
- Member, American Headache and Migraine Association
- Board Member, Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy
- Former, Chief - Headache Section, University of Southern California
- Former, Senior Clinical Scientist, Huntington Medical Research Institutes
- Current, Professor of Neurology, a Prestigious California School of Medicine
- Current, Chief of Headache Medicine, a Revered Academic Medical Institution