This expert has about 40 years experience in waterway and maritime safety. He started his career working on fishing vessels before moving into the maritime government and policy work. He was the Chairperson for the Waterways Committee for the Town of Chatham in MA before moving onto the Cap Cod Commission, also managing waterway regulation. He has worked for the US Senate working on issues pertaining to the Coast Guard Budget, Fishing Vessel Safety, Challenges Facing the Coast Guard Marine Safety Program, among other issues. He has since been an independent consultant on waterway and coast guard safety.
- Location: VT
- Graduate, Government, American University
- Member, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Member, Environmental Defense Fund
- Member, U.S. Marine Safety Association
- Former, Fisherman, Lobster Vessel Benjo
- Former, Assistant Harbormaster, Town of Chatham
- Former, Chairperson, Waterways Committee, Town of Chatham
- Former, Chairperson, Cape Cod Commission
- Former, President and Principal Investigator, ERE Associates Ltd.
- Former, Senior Professional Staff, Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, U.S. House of Representatives
- Former, Maritime Policy Advisor, Senator Edward M. Kennedy
- Former, Independent Consultant, Domestic Class – Fishing Vessels, DNV-GL
- Former, President, Off Sounding LLC
- Current, Independent Consultant