This expert began his professional career within the field of behavioral health in 1989 while working towards the obtainment of his undergraduate degree in Psychology. Since his graduation in 1991 he has worked in progressively responsible positions within mental/behavioral health, criminogenic, and substance abuse treatment modalities.
This expert has served as the Program Director and Primary Therapist for a Long Term Trauma Recovery Program, as the Program Director for a co-authored program providing contracted services to PA DOC, as the Facility and AOD Director of a 185 bed Specialized Community Correctional Facility, and as the Center Director for outpatient centers which include medically assisted treatment service deliveries; to name a few. This expert has worked extensively as a behavioral therapist, from the front line to planning, designing, implementing and administering tailored programs. This expert has extensive experience maintaining full licensure, accreditation, credentialing and certification in various modalities, such as residential and outpatient venues under multiple regulatory bodies (ACA, CARF, DDAP). He has demonstrated a proficiency at managing both large and small staffs, and maintains teaching or practicing certifications in: Critical Incident Stress Management, Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy and Trauma Therapy.
In addition to his full time work, this expert serves as an adjunct professor in the Sociology and Anthropology department of Wilkes University providing instruction to undergraduate students and as part of the Criminal Justice Advisory Board. Additionally, has operated a small private practice providing program development, grant drafting, consultation and evaluation, along with counseling since 1996. This expert received his Master of Health Administration and his BA in Forensic and Clinical Psychology from Wilkes University in 1995 & 1991; respectively. This expert resides in the back mountain area of NEPA, spends his free time involved in his childrenâ€™s activities, including over a decade and a half of volunteer and leadership positions for the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts of America, member of the Board of Trustees for his place of worship, coach and mentor for local Youth Soccer programs and as a devoted Husband and Father.
- Location: NEPA Pennsylvania
- BA, Forensics & Clinical Psychology, Wilkes University
- MHA, Health and Business Administration, Wilkes University
- Certifications, CPR, First Aid, TB, STD, Hep, HIV/AIDS
- Certified, Trauma Therapist
- Certified, Rational-Emotive Behavioral Therapy
- Certified, Critical Incident Stress Management
- Past Member: American Correctional Association, Board of Directors for the Pennsylvania Family Support Alliance,
- Audubon Society, Kiwanis International & American College of Healthcare Executives
- Former, Outpatient Drug and Alcohol Treatment Specialist, Serento Gardens
- Former, Drug and Alcohol Treatment Specialist & Classification and Screening Supervisor, Local County Correctional Facility
- Former, Program Director, Northeast Recovery Network, Inc.
- Former, Program Director and Primary Therapist, Health Care Resources, Inc.
- Former, Program Director & Trauma Therapist, Victims Resource Center
- Former, Crisis on Call Therapist for a Pennsylvania Area Counseling Firm
- Former, Program Director, Pennsylvania Prison Society, Universal Access within 25 State Correctional Institutions
- Former, Alcohol and other drug program Director/Facility Director, 185 bed Community Correctional Center
- Current, Program & Clinical Director, Pennsylvania Area Substance Abuse Treatment Center
- Current, Adjunct Professor, Corrections and Correctional Counseling at a Northeast area University
- Current, Crisis on Call Therapist at a Pennsylvania Area Counseling Firm
- Current, Chief Consultant, Drug & Alcohol Therapy and Counseling Firm