This highly qualified expert is Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery and Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, by courtesy, and Director of Minimally Invasive NeuroSpine Surgery at a prestigious hospital in CA. He is focused on advancing minimally invasive surgical techniques for diseases of the spine and cares for patients with a wide range of spinal disorders. He graduated from the Johns Hopkins University Biomedical Engineering program with a focus on spinal cord injury and regeneration. Committed to medical device development, neuroregeneration, and non-invasive imaging he accepted a position to complete his MD at the Stanford University School of Medicine. While a medical student, he worked with neurosurgery and the molecular imaging program to develop novel, non-invasive imaging tools and treatments for malignant neoplasms of central nervous system.
The expert subsequently completed his neurosurgical residency at Stanford University. As a resident, he was appointed by the President of the United States as a White House Fellow in 2012, serving as Special Assistant to Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Chuck Hagel to guide Department of Defense Policy on traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and mental health treatment for the United States military. One of 14 people from around the nation to be selected, he served as a speech writer, national security advisor, and health consultant directly to the Secretary of Defense. After completion of his neurosurgical residency, he was awarded the prestigious Neurosurgical Research and Education Foundation Post-Residency Clinical Fellowship Grant and completed his fellowship training in minimally invasive and complex deformity spine with both neurosurgical and orthopeadic training. he also completed a clinical scholar rotation at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine focused on endoscopic and robotic spine surgery. His research efforts are focused on the utilization of large national databases to assess cost, quality, and effectiveness of various treatment algorithms as well as predictive analytics. He is also an author and writes about current events, health policy, and public health-related topics for the San Francisco Chronicle, The Daily Beast, The BBC, and the Huffington Post.
- Location; CA
- BS, Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins, MD
- MD, Stanford University, CA
- Internship, General Surgery/ Clinical Neuroscience, Stanford Hospital, CA
- Residency, Neurosurgery, Stanford University
- Chief resident, Neurosurgery. Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Fellowship, Spine surgery, Stanford Hospital, CA
- Fellowship, White House Fellowship, appointed by the President of The United States of America
- Honor, Standford University Excellence In Medical Research
- Member, American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Former, White house fellow and assistant to Secretary of Defense, appointed by POTUS
- Former, Clinical Instructor of Neurosurgery, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Current, Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
- Current, Director of Minimally Invasive NeuroSpine Surgery. a prestigious hospital in CA