This industry veteran has been in the consumer products market for 40+ years, including 35 years spent at Amway Corporation. He has been active throughout his career as a scientist and group leader in the development of consumer products, particularly those involving chemical formulations (detergents, cosmetics, cleaners, and others). Since the 1980s, the expert has been active in formal programs that contribute to scientific public policy. He has provided input to industry trade associations, standards setting committees, and state/federal governments. The expert ended his tenure at Amway in 2015 as the Regulatory Policy Director and now operates his own consulting business. He has published and presented on global regulatory policy issues as well as specialized technical regulatory issues, i.e. product safety, environmental fate, hazardous waste.
- Location: MI
- B.S., Chemistry, Lafayette College
- Tribute Recognition, Consumer Labeling Initiative, EPA
- Recipient, Elva Walker Spillane Distinguished Service Award, American Cleaning Institute
- Recipient, Distinguished Service Award, Consumer Specialty Products Association
- Technical Advisor, Several Trade Associations and Standards Setting Committees
- Science Advisory Committee Member, Several State & Federal Governments
- Webinar, Conference & Public presentations on general and specific regulatory issues.
- Awarded, 2 Patents
- Former, Product Development Scientist & Group Leader, Amway
- Former, Senior Research Associate & Senior Fellow, Amway
- Former, Regulatory Policy & Influence Director, Amway
- Current, Regulatory Policy Consultant, a Personal Consulting Business