This distinguished scholar is the Head of Chemical & Materials Engineering at his university, a fellow of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, and a former board of directors member of the National Society of Professional Engineers. Prior to joining academia, he worked for E. I. duPont de Nemours, Conoco, Ethyl, and Kraft where he gained extensive experience in chemical processes that involved alternatives to CFCs, catalyst manufacture, agricultural & pharmaceutical intermediates processing, monomer recovery by depolymerization, ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis of cheese by-products, electromembrane processes, bioethanol production, and numerous food processing operations. He holds a BS in Chemical Engineering from Purdue University and a doctoral degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Oklahoma.
- Location: NM
- BS, Chemical Engineering, Purdue University
- PhD, Chemical Engineering, University of Oklahoma
- Registered, Professional Engineer - NM
- Fellow, American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Former Director, National Society of Professional Engineers
- Faculty Advisor, Biomedical Engineering Society
- Published: Dozens of Scholarly Articles, Three Patents
- Former, Engineer, Kraft Inc
- Former, Senior R&D Engineer, Ethyl Corporation
- Former, Research Engineer, E.I. DuPont de Nemours Co., Inc. / Conoco, Inc.
- Former, Visiting Scientist, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Current, Professor and Department Head, a University in the Southwest (20+ years)